Shirley J. Kemp
Shirley J. Kemp, 70, 08304 Kruse Road, Wapakoneta, OH died 4:45 a.m. Friday, June 15, 2007 at her residence following a brief illness.
She was born November 17, 1936 in Noble Township, Auglaize County, OH, the daughter of Ivan “Mike” and Ruth (Rasneor) Glass. They preceded her in death.
She married Barrett G. Kemp on May 30,1997; he survives at the residence.
She is survived by:
· Daughter, Cheri (Sterling) McEvoy Fenwick, Wapakoneta, OH
· Jayne (Bob) McEvoy Fahncke, Dayton, OH
· Joni (Dale) McEvoy Ahlers, Montezuma, OH
· Lori (Barry) McEvoy Morris, Wapakoneta, OH
· 2 stepchildren: Becky Ann Kemp, St.Marys, OH; Barrett G. Kemp II, Detour, MI
· 13 grandchildren: Cherissa; Michaella; Kelsey; Kursten; Chip; Dirk Fenwick; Ryan; B.J.; Brittany Fahncke; Marcus (and Jessica) Ahlers; Brenton (and Joni) Ahlers; Nichole (and Christopher) Morris Schaub; Brandon Morris
· Great-grandson, Brady Schaub
· 2 step-grandchildren: Lydia Royster and Barrett Kemp III
· 1 step-great-grandchild, Scout Royster
· Brother, Ned (Chris) Glass, St.Marys, OH
· Sister, Barbara Glass, St.Marys, OH
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Shirley was a 1954 graduate of St.Marys Memorial High School. She graduated from
Miami University and earned her Master’s Degree from Wright State University. She was an elementary school teacher who had taught at East and Bunker Hill Elementary Schools in St.Marys, and she served as principal of Moulton Elementary School.
She loved being a caregiver for her family. Her love of family and children led her to a career in education where she made each student feel important and special. She was a member of Wayne Street Methodist Church in St.Marys, OH.
Funeral services will be held at 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, June 20, 2007 at Wayne Street United Methodist Church, 130 N. Wayne St., St.Marys, OH, the Reverend Ed Groff and the Reverent Steve Nelson officiating. Burial will follow at Elm Grove Cemetery, St.Marys, OH.
Friends may call from 2-4 and 6-8 p.m. Tuesday at Miller-Long and Folk Funeral Home where memorial donations may be directed to Tri-County Hospice.